Sunday, 15 January 2017


Please, enjoy the beautiful pictures below - one of a close up of the last 39 stitches I did and one overview of the entire work. It fills my heart with warmth and happiness to know that I finished it and to just reminisce about all the wonderful things that have happened over the five years it has taken me to finish this beauty!!!

Now what I must do with this gobelin, as with any gobelin, is to hand wash and towel dry it. If you're not sure how to do this, I've found the most useful advice was published on the DMC USA web siteDefinitely read it through and you'll be good to go too :)

Then I'll need to take the gobelin to be framed, which will also happen in due course too. Once framed, it'll be hung somewhere in my home, God willing!!!

Thursday, 12 January 2017

 Today I finished working with yesterday's colour - 921 (i.e. copper shade) and started working with the last colour left for this gobelin - 3866 and its name is delicious. The final colour is ultra very light mocha brown!!! So yummy sounding!!! I had quite a lot of it to do and quite honestly called it a day with only 39 more stitches to go for the whole gobelin to be finished :) I know some people would have kept going, but the clock was creeping up to midnight and I just felt it is better not to rush things! So,, hopefully, in 39 stitches time, the gobelin will be fully finished. When this will be - time will tell ;)

Wednesday, 11 January 2017

So now I only have two more colours to go until the gobelin is finished. I feel better and better abut it each time I work on it, because it is so close to being finished :) Today, I worked (and finished) colour 472, which is an ultra light avocado green shade and you can see it on one of the small detail pictures below. Also, I started working with another colour, hence the second small detail picture below, but ran out of time this evening to finish it entirely. So next time I work on the gobelin, I'll pick up where I left off today. Excitedly expecting this time :D 

Tuesday, 10 January 2017

 Now I only have three more colours to go and the whole gobelin will be finished! Such exciting times. I worked with "blank" colour in the middle of the gobelin and, thankfully, finished it, because you know how much I love working with something that almost has no immediate visible impact :D That is one of the detailed pictures; the other one is from the left of the gobelin where I decided it is time to finish it off and started using the light green, but as there was so much of it to do, I did not have time to finish it. So, like I said, still three more colours to go :)

Monday, 9 January 2017

I really do not know what got into me - but I was literally on fire today!!!Believe it or not - and yes, even I find it hard to believe it myself, except that I know it is true for I was there and did it myself- I finished working in six, YES SIX, different colours today!!! I was like a machine - heck, I was better than a machine!!! SOOOO MUCH WORK DONE!!! I am so happy! And, best of all, I only have four more colours to go and the whole gobelin will be finished! Now the real dilemma is what order to do them in :D Whist I decide, you can enjoy the pictures below - it really is beginning to look like something now :D :D :D

Thursday, 5 January 2017

They say third time is the charm and they might be right, because today is the third day I worked with 646 (aka beaver gray) and thankfully I finished it. The gobelin is beginning to take shape, but there is still quite a lot of work to do, so for now enjoy the pictures below :)

Wednesday, 4 January 2017

 This time I worked with one colour only - continued with that 646 (aka beaver gray). Lots to do in this colour still... For now enjoy the pictures below :)

Tuesday, 3 January 2017

First time this year working on the goblin - and how really exciting it was!!! I used five different colours and to commemorate this newness I completed all three domes of the church (see detailed picture one). I also did a bit of "boring" greyish shade colour on the bottom left of the gobelin (see detailed picture two), because I want to get some of these glaring white gaps filled in ;)